Telemedicine and telehealth allow patients the ability to connect with physicians remotely by smartphone, laptop, desktop, and tablet.
Telemedicine visits can be done from the comfort of your home, office/work, local doctors office, or hospital. With our HIPAA compliant telemedicine platform, alluretelehealth.com , we are able to see you or your loved one remotely by video wherever YOU are.
Our clinic’s telemedicine services are available throughout the upper Midwest, our providers have performed over 5,000 telehealth video visits. If you are a clinic, nursing home, hospital, or other healthcare entity, Storm Clinic is able to provide 24-7 infectious disease telemedicine coverage.
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications and software to provide clinical services to patients without an in-person visit. Telemedicine technology is frequently used for follow-up visits, management of chronic conditions, medication management, specialist consultation and a host of other clinical services that can be provided remotely via secure video and audio connections.
Using telemedicine as an alternative to in-person visits has a host of benefits for patients and providers alike.
- Less time away from work
- No travel expenses or time
- Less interference with child or elder care responsibilities
- No exposure to other potentially contagious patients
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is essentially a way for patients to meet with doctors virtually, to be diagnosed and treated in remote locations. While this is a new service, Telemedicine is projected to lower some cost aspects of health treatments. As well as improve the way health is being monitored for seniors.
At this point in time, telemedicine is a well recognized service. It’s increasingly becoming the more chosen option when looking into health care services.
Benefits of Telemedicine
Aside from staying remote, when moving from place to place can be too physically demanding, telemedicine comes with these major benefits.
- Telemedicine technology provides you with the opportunity to seek health care at your convenience from any device that has a camera and microphone. Wherever you are, health care is available to you in the palm of your hands.
- Often times a patient may feel disconnected with their health care provider when attending in-person physician visits. Telemedicine provides you the opportunity to build a better relationship with your physician. Without meeting in person, communication about health care will be key, therefore strengthening the relationship between a doctor and patient.
- With telemedicine, you are presented a better opportunity to connect with more physicians and better doctors. For example, you may be sick, and needing a physician in a particular field, that could be located cities, or even states away. Traveling may be difficult for you, but you will have access to communicate with those people from a remote location.
- If the doctor is happy, the patient is happy! While the benefits for patients in telemedicine seem almost endless, it also benefits the physicians! When the doctor chooses to go the telemedicine route, they will have more time for necessary medical activities. If they have the ability to take care of their patients in a more efficient way, then they have more time to assist others in need and possibly even gain more knowledge in their own field!
If you are a patient, please contact us at 605-271-5441 or email@example.com to learn more about our service and how Storm Clinic can assist you with your medical questions and healthcare.