A Nurse Manager, or Nurse Supervisor, is in charge of overseeing a team of nurses and health care staff as they provide healthcare services to patients and manage their records. Their duties include training, scheduling and mentoring nursing staff, managing a budget for their team and consulting on patient treatment plans.
- Create goals and objectives for their department or facility and make sure they are met by the staff
- Communicate with staff and department heads. Carry out Administration’s initiatives.
- Keep and organize records for employees and facility
- Recruit and train nurses and other health professionals
- Create work schedules, and workflow processes for nurses and ancillary staff
- Ensure the facility they work in is compliant with current laws
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the level of care delivered to patients
- Solve any problems patients might have at the facility