Description: A Professional Biller. Responsible for AR, working denials/remits, assisting in posting CPT, ICD10 and HCPCS charges. High famailiarity working both clinic, and inpatient/outpatient charges and denials. The position is located in a private practice physician office.
- Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD and CPT
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations
- Follow up with the provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Communicate with other clinical staff regarding documentation
- Search for information in cases where the coding is complex or unusual
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Review the previous days’s batch of patient notes for evaluation and coding
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
- A high school diploma or educational equivalent
- Health Information Management degree, Certified Professional in billing successful completion of a certification program
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in a medical office setting
- Competent use of computers, software, and Practice Management Systems
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding procedures
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- A calm, friendly manner and patience working with patients and coworkers.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Ability to multitask and work independently
Job Type: Full-time, Day Shift, Monday-Friday, 8:00am- 5:00pm, 80 hrs/2weeks